There are many ways you can lend a hand to Covenant House Pennsylvania. Here are just a few:
Hold a Drive: New and gently used in-kind donations enable us to offer our young people the essentials they need, as well as the fun things any teen wants! Also, we are always looking for baby items for our mother/child program.
Corporate Engagement: Participate in a day of service at one of our sites. Spend the day volunteering…great for team building while doing something impactful for your community!
Be a Job Coach: Help our youth prepare for job interviews, review resumes, or teach a job readiness class. There are so many ways you can be a role model for our young people!
Be a Tutor: Help our youth in our education department by tutoring them in math, science, reading and writing. Some of our kids are working towards their GED…won’t you share your talents to help them achieve their goals?
Church Missions: There are many opportunities for your ministries to become involved in our programs. Consider making Covenant House your church’s home missions ministry!
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must obtain PA State Police and Childline clearances
- Proof of tuberculosis vaccination
- Letters of recommendation from two people (not related to you)
- Agree to our Volunteer Ethics Statement
- Participate in group orientation and training
If you are interested in volunteering contact our development team at email@example.com or (215) 302-7506.
The commitment for each position is approximately three months and 10-15 hours per week. We will be glad to accommodate class credit if needed. We ask that applicants be current undergraduate/graduate students. Opportunities include working with our boys’ floor, girl’s floor, education/vocation department, or street outreach program.
Intern Requirements (in addition to Volunteer Requirements):
- Strong writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work with deadlines
- Interest in the area of Non-Profit coordination and serving homeless clients
- Willingness to assist with all tasks and “think outside the box”
- Previous volunteer & leadership experience a plus
If you are interested in interning contact Mr. Hugh Organ at firstname.lastname@example.org